Skip to main content

Immigration Law Resources
Resources from Tampa Immigration Law Center
Immigration law in the U.S. is complicated. Access resources regarding some of the most common visa types and the petition process.

It's not always apparent for which type of visa you and your loved ones are eligible. We've provided an array of resources to answer some of the most common questions about various visas, who's eligible for them, and what the petition process will look like. If you have more questions, schedule a call with one of our lawyers.

Find more information

Access an array of articles on the Tampa Immigration Law Center's areas of expertise.

  • Also referred to as removal, it is a complicated legal process meant to establish a non-resident's right to remain in the country.

    Read more about developing a deportation defense.

  • Immigration law in the United States places a priority on family unity, offering a separate visa for spouses of US citizens.

    Learn more about eligibility and the process of applying for a spousal visa.

  • If you have to leave the country for any reason while a temporary resident in the United States, you have to re-apply for a visa before re-entry into the US.

    Read more about non-immigrant visa (NIV) petitions and how to prepare for international travel as a non-resident.

  • The Violence Against Women Act (VAWA) allows spouses, children, and parents of US citizens and Green Card holders to file a petition without an abuser's knowledge.

    Learn more about this unique type of petition and who qualifies.

  • It's the responsibility of the permanent resident to file to have the conditions removed if they received their conditional permanent resident status through a fiance or spousal visa.

    Find out the specific requirement for a removal of conditions petition.

  • Applying for asylum in the US grants non-residents a temporary stay, and can be filed within a year of arriving in the United States.

    Read the answers to more frequently asked questions about asylum.

  • An application of naturalization is another way of saying you're applying to become a citizen. It's an exciting but lengthy process.

    If you think you may be eligible to become a US citizen, read more about the ten-step process.

  • Religious visas are a way for non-resident immigrants to live and work in the US for a period of five years before applying for a Green Card.

    Applicants must work in a religious capacity of some kind, such as a member of the clergy or minister. Find out more about the qualifications and requirements.

  • It's possible to place a stay on a deportation order, which temporarily stops the Department of Homeland Security from executing an order of removal.

    The Board of Immigration Appeals must issue the stay. Learn more about the process and requirements for a stay of deportation.

  • Completely separate from traditional non-resident visa processes are humanitarian parole requests.

    These are commonly issued to people attending funerals, seeking medical care, or visiting sick relatives. Learn more about requesting humanitarian parole.

Learn how Tampa Immigration Law Center can help with your legal needs
We're here to answer your questions!