An application for naturalization is a path to citizenship for current permanent residents of the United States. It’s a lengthy process, with strict requirements for eligibility. However, there are provisions if your spouse is a citizen, or you’ve lived in the US for over 20 years.
- You must already have a Permanent Resident Card.
- You have to have lived in the US for more than five years.
- Applicants must be able to read, write, and speak basic English.
- Complete an interview with the United States Citizenship and Immigration Services.
- Take an Oath of Allegiance to the United States.